Careers at the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy are rewarding in more ways than one. Working for the conservation of Pennsylvania’s natural resources, you’ll experience an unusually deep sense of accomplishment, pride and camaraderie with other like-minded professionals.
Applicants who are interested in being considered for a position can either send a cover letter and resume to the email address listed in the job description, or download and print an application. Completed applications can be sent to:
Attn: Human Resources
1478 Mill Run Road
Mill Run, PA 15464
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is seeking (1) Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corps AmeriCorps member to serve the Watershed Conservation Program for one year. The service member will work under the supervision of assigned Watershed Conservation staff.
Position Duration: August 20, 2014 to August 14, 2015.
Location: 1067 Philadelphia Street, Suite 101, Indiana, PA 15701
To apply: Send resume and cover letter, with three references to email@example.com and list Americorp in the subject of the email. Deadline to apply is July 25, 2014.
Job Description: The service member will assist with implementing a variety of watershed restoration projects and aquatic surveys, in close coordination with Watershed Conservation staff. Duties will include assisting in the areas of:
• Water quality monitoring & assessment
• Watershed restoration
• Volunteer training
• Project implementation
• Biological survey work focusing on macroinvertebrates, various fish species, and hellbender salamanders is possible
• Delivering educational programs to Watershed Conservation Program constituents.
• Extensive over-night travel possible
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree in biology, watershed science, stream ecology, environmental studies or a related field;
• Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision;
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel;
• Able to travel to various worksites and willing to work some evenings, weekends, and overnight trips as needed.
• The ability to conduct field research in remote locations is essential for this position.
• Position requires the ability to traverse rugged terrain while carrying at least 50 pounds of sampling gear in a variety of weather conditions, and assist with strenuous physical duties including heavy lifting and using hand/power tools to complete construction activities.
For more information regarding the AmeriCorps Member Service position contact Kelly Horrell, Watershed Program Administrator, 724-471-7202 x 5100, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the AmeriCorps program please visit: www.pmsc.org.
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy has a part time opening in its Fallingwater Membership Theater, located in Mill Run, PA. Gives a brief presentation to visitors at the conclusion of their tour of Fallingwater and invites them to become members and supporters of Fallingwater/Western Pennsylvania Conservancy. Qualifications include being comfortable speaking in front of groups, having basic computer skills, previous experience handling cash, and accuracy and attention to detail. This position offers a competitive hourly rate. Successful applicants must be flexible with schedule and available to work weekends and holidays as needed. To apply, send a letter and resume to email@example.com and list Membership in the subject line.
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.