Careers at the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy are rewarding in more ways than one. Working for the conservation of Pennsylvania’s natural resources, you’ll experience an unusually deep sense of accomplishment, pride and camaraderie with other like-minded professionals.
Fallingwater Visitor Services Manager
Mill Run, Pa.
Fallingwater, Frank Lloyd Wright’s architectural masterwork, is currently considering candidates for the position of Manager of Visitor Services. The Manager of Visitor Services reports to the Vice President/Director of Fallingwater and is responsible for all aspects of customer service related to the visitor experience including reservations, admissions, and information services.
The key job responsibilities including the following;
• Visitor services operations for Fallingwater, including policy and procedure implementation, visitor relations, and hiring, training and supervision of the Visitor Services team.
• Oversees Visitor Services ticketing software, including managing content, generating reports, training staff, and working with information technology staff and vendors on upgrades and software troubleshooting. Prior experience using ticketing software would be a plus.
• Monitors and tracks visitor services call activity.
• Supervises event coordinator for on-site events.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Must have very strong computer skills, with experience utilizing ticketing software strongly preferred.
• Must have experience in a museum or similar front-line visitor services position, with 3-5 year’s supervisor/management experience.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to inspire a cohesive team that delivers exceptional service to visitors.
• Must be a “hands on” manager who is willing to step in and function as one of the team.
• Job requires the manager to work a non-traditional workweek during the most of the year and be able to adjust his/her schedule to work weekends and holidays as needed.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
This is a full time position offering an excellent salary and fringe benefits package. Interested candidates should send an application package which includes the following: a cover letter which includes salary expectation and information on where the applicant saw the job posting, a current resume, and three professional/business references. All applicants must email their package to email@example.com and list Visitor Services Manager in the subject line of the email. Deadline to apply is Monday, November 23, 2015.
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.