Please Support the Our Shared Legacy Campaign
Together, we are shaping the quality of life in Western Pennsylvania. Our Shared Legacy, the Conservancy’s first comprehensive campaign, will have a longstanding effect on the region. Here are a few examples of the work that members can help to accomplish through special campaign gifts:
Protecting Our Water
- $2,000 can install a stream bank crossing for livestock on a farm.
- $600 would plant as many as 50 trees along streams to curb erosion.
Protecting Nature Through Science
- $1,350 funds three days of a scientist’s field work, documenting rare species such as the golden-winged warbler, mountain chorus frog, eastern hellbender salamander or West Virginia white butterfly.
Keeping Fallingwater Open to the World
- $2,500 provides a named scholarship for a student’s summer residency internship.
- $500 gives 20 area schoolchildren the opportunity to experience Fallingwater through its onsite educational program.
Protecting and Caring for Land
- $2,000 helps to protect up to an acre of an exceptional Western Pennsylvania property by funding surveying, staffing and other associated costs.
- Gifts of $500 or more support ongoing care of protected lands by giving to the Benjamin Thomas Holland Endowment Fund for Land Stewardship.
Bringing Nature to Communities
- $1,000 purchases six street trees for a Pittsburgh area neighborhood in need of tree cover.
- $500 funds two days of Scientists in Schools programming that introduces school children to natural science in the outdoor classrooms created by WPC.
But we need your help to take our work even farther. To support any of these projects, click the button to the left. If you would like to discuss your gift in more detail, contact Julie Holmes, director of development, at 412-586-2312 or
We often can imagine a better world, but rarely have the opportunity to create one.
This is that opportunity.