Volunteer Stewards Needed for Local Community Gardens
Fri, Jan 12th 2018, 09:40. Filed under .
After WPC’s 132 community gardens are planted this spring, we rely on a dedicated group of volunteers, called garden stewards, to give regular attention to the gardens. Stewards work during the spring and summer months to keep our gardens healthy and blooming into the fall.
WPC is looking for additional volunteers to “adopt” a garden to regularly prune, water, weed, and remove litter and debris. Interested in volunteering to steward one of the gardens listed below? Contact Lynn McGuire-Olzak at 412-586-2324 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Pittsburgh Gardens
- Wenzell Avenue and Broadway Avenue, Beechview
- Liberty Tunnels and Route 51, Beltzhoover/Bon Air/Mt. Washington
- Centre Avenue and Herron Avenue, Hill District
- General Robinson Street and Anderson Street, North Side Neighborhoods
- Marshall Avenue and California Avenue, North Side Neighborhoods
- 30th Street and Brereton Street, Polish Hill
- 2409 Shady Avenue - Allderdice High School, Squirrel Hill
Allegheny County Gardens
- Dormont Avenue and Banksville Road, Dormont
- Brownsville Road and Margaret Street, Mount Oliver
- Homestead Grays Bridge and 8th Avenue, Homestead
- Brownsville Road and Maple Springs Road, South Park
- Kennedy Blvd at Brodhead Road, Alliquippa, Beaver County
- Route 66 and Route 322, Shippenville (Paint Township), Clarion County
- Route 119 and Pittsburgh Street, Connellsville, Fayette County
- Route 906 and Tyrol Blvd, Monessen, Westmoreland County