Facilities Caretaker – Part Time
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (WPC), at our Fallingwater location, is seeking a highly motivated individual as a part-time Facilities Caretaker, who will be responsible for cleaning buildings, removing debris and keeping areas neat and clean, mainly at the Visitor Center and the Barn at Fallingwater (staff offices and event space). However, the part-time Facilities Caretaker may be assigned work in other locations at Fallingwater as needed. This position will report directly to the Head of Housekeeping.
- Checks restrooms at the Visitor Center hourly and cleans restrooms and replenishes toilet paper and soap dispenser, as needed. Monitors bathroom supply needs and reports when supplies need replenishing.
- Keeps Visitor Center swept and mopped, picks up trash, removes leaves and other debris, keeps windows clean, wipes off desk surfaces and in the winter may be required to handle minor snow removal on steps. Assists Café staff with keeping tables clean, as needed.
- Responds to minor maintenance issues in the Visitor Center and fixes or reports items needing repair to maintenance. Visually inspects lights and changes light bulbs as needed.
- Collects trash from Visitor Center daily, and removes it to collection spot for pick-up.
- Works at the Barn event space as scheduled, sweeps and mops floors, cleans bathrooms and replenishes supplies.
- Assists events staff with set up and clean up for special events at the Barn, ancillary buildings and museum as assigned. Maintains supplies at the Barn and reports any necessary supply orders.
- Assists with basic exterior maintenance at the Barn event space, such as sweeping, shoveling and spiderweb removal.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Flexibility with schedule and hours.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with cleaning fluids and other chemicals.
- Ability to climb up and down stairways and ladders.
- Ability to move tables and chairs.
- Ability to bend, twist, lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for periods in excess of two hours.
- Ability to operate equipment such as brooms, mops, leaf blower, snow shovel, toilet plunger, vacuum and floor buffer.
- Understanding of janitorial procedures.
- Ability to well work independently and with others.
- Ability to effectively manage time throughout the day.
This position's primary location(s): Fallingwater (Mill Run, PA)
This is a part-time, seasonal opportunity without benefits.
Starting Rate: $15.38/hour
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and list Facilities Caretaker – PT in the subject line.
All WPC/Fallingwater locations are mask friendly, but not required. We are encouraging vaccinations. All employees are required to follow the WPC Covid policy in effect, which is subject to change based on CDC recommendations.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.