Gift Processor – Part Time
Headquarters - Pittsburgh Office (Pittsburgh, PA)
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (Conservancy) has been dedicated to protecting and restoring the region’s exceptional natural places since 1932. As a member-based nonprofit organization, we work in cities and towns across Western Pennsylvania and rely on the help of thousands of members, partners and volunteers. We are making a difference in our region’s water, land and life. We do this work for the benefit of wildlife and people who call Western Pennsylvania home, and for future generations.
We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Gift Processor in our Pittsburgh, PA office. This position is to support the Development Department by performing gift processing and data entry, as well as updating the donor service as needed. This position reports directly to the Development Operations Administrator.
- Enters contributions into Salesforce (CRM) database
- Enters donor biographical information into Salesforce database
- Creates and mails membership gift acknowledgement letters
- Processes credit card contribution transactions for authorization
- Processes donor address change information
- Prepares daily deposits and sends to Finance department for processing
- Supports the Conservancy’s fundraising efforts and needs, as applicable
- Assists with database maintenance, as directed
- Assists with front line customer service, including answering questions, research on membership information requests and problem resolution, as needed
- Performs general office duties, including filing, copying, etc.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Strong commitment to donor service and thorough understanding of data operations’ role in donor relations
- Two years of data entry experience required
- Experience using Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge or another similar database experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of one-year previous experience in a development, membership, or other transaction-processing environment required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Word, especially mail merge documents
- Must be able to produce donor correspondence in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible and be able to shift priorities as needed.
- Excellent keyboarding and typing skills.
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented.
- Good organizational and time-management skills are required.
- Ability to work successfully with internal and external contacts is required.
- Must have well-developed communication skills.
- The ability to work well independently and in teams is essential.
- To be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand (or sit, if needed) for prolonged periods
- Ability to occasional lift 10 pounds or more if needed
- Utilizing keyboarding and fine motor skills
This position's primary location(s): Headquarters - Pittsburgh Office (Pittsburgh, PA)
This is a part-time position.
The starting pay range for this position is $17.98/hour to $20.14/hour.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and list Gift Processor in the subject line.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.