IT Support Engineer I
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (WPC) is seeking an IT Support Engineer to assist end-users with all questions relating to technology. Position troubleshoots and resolves all tier I helpdesk tickets, notices patterns, works with the Director of IT to address server/network issues and provides exceptional customer service to all customers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves end-user computer issues in a Windows environment.
- Provides support for VPN client and connectivity issues
- Maintains inventory and refresh cycles
- Works with other technical staff to create training programs for end users
- Presents relevant training material to staff
- Provides excellent customer service
- Communicates effectively with staff about their computer issues or training needs
- Provides support for all things technical in the environment including but not limited to: phones, computers, software applications, software application services, web browsers, printers and AV equipment
- Works on special projects with other technical staff
- Willing to learn data management and reporting
- Supporting remote and on-premise team members
- Familiarity with configuring computers, settings and wireless on mobile and pc devices
- Analyze existing process and look for opportunities for improvement
- Network and SAAS account creations/terminations and permissions management
- Provide orientation to new users
- Maintains a flexible work schedule and provides off-hours support when required
- Ability to work on a team
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required.
Proficiency in/with the following:
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems troubleshooting and installation
- End-user support and exceptional customer service
- Ability to problem solve with limited supervision
- Supporting Microsoft products like Outlook and Teams
- Working in a networked environment
- Motivated to improve processes/technology
- Is comfortable speaking to large groups of people and creating training documents
- Ability to work flexible hours, have reliable transportation and ability to occasionally travel to other offices
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels with different partners.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Ability to balance and prioritize user needs
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and grow skills independently and under the leadership of senior staff
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs unassisted
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs assisted
- Ability to see for the purposes of diagnosing issues and using a computer
- Ability to sit, bend, and stand for 8+ hours a day
- Ability to type for 8+ hours a day
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Have had experience with a helpdesk ticketing system
- Have had experience with Sharepoint
- Report creation
- Script writing/creation
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job with or without accommodation
This position's primary location(s): Headquarters - Pittsburgh Office (Pittsburgh, PA)
This is a regular, full-time opportunity which includes a robust benefits package.
Hiring Range: $37,200 – $43,300
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and list IT SUPPORT ENGINEER I in the subject line.
Masks are optional within all WPC/Fallingwater locations. We are encouraging vaccinations and will be implementing weekly testing effective March 5, 2022 for those not vaccinated.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.