Fallingwater, a property entrusted to the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy and designated as a National Historic Landmark and inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, is seeking a Kitchen Assistant to assist the Executive Chef/Baker with preparation and delivery of food for Café and for special events.
- Assists with preparation of food items for daily Café menu, group dining and specialty tours. Manages kitchen functions in absence of Chef/Sous Chef.
- Complies with food service government regulations, as directed by supervisor.
- Assists in monitoring kitchen supplies and inventory for shortages and informs the supervisor.
- Assists with food and supply orders.
- Keeps kitchen clean and neat.
- Works closely with Chef on special events catered by the Café. Assists with food preparation, and set up and clean up of meal items.
- Supports the Conservancy’s cost containment and fundraising efforts and needs, as applicable.
- May assist in the Café by waiting on customers, some final food preparation and service.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight hours.
- Must be able to bend, move and lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work with dangerous equipment, including knives, slicers and ovens.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Work in a hot environment, sometimes with or near open flame.
- Prior food service experience in a restaurant kitchen and some knowledge of food preparation required.
- Culinary school degree or strong on-the-job experience preferred.
- Knowledge of food service government regulations is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of attractive food plating and display helpful.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays and be flexible with schedule and hours.
This position's primary location(s): Fallingwater (Mill Run, PA)
This is a full-time hourly position with benefits.
Pay range: $16.54 – $18.46 per hour
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and list Kitchen Assistant in the subject line.
All WPC/Fallingwater locations are mask friendly, but not required. We are encouraging vaccinations. All employees are required to follow the WPC Covid policy in effect, which is subject to change based on CDC recommendations.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.