Community Flower Gardens
COVID-19 Safety Protections for Volunteers
WPC will begin planting community flower gardens with volunteers beginning May 1, 2021. And volunteer activities to help manage and maintain WPC-owned properties will resume in June. To keep volunteers safe, we've developed the following safety requirements in keeping with advisories issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and in accordance with the COVID-19 orders issued by PA Governor Tom Wolf and augmented by guidance from the PA Department of Health.
Updated February 20, 2021
- Wear masks covering the nose and mouth, which must be worn at all times when at garden planting sites
- Wear gloves if required by the activity (will be provided by WPC, if necessary)
- Use hand sanitizer frequently when gloves are off and when touching hard surfaces (sanitizer will be provided by WPC)
- These requirements are also applicable post vaccination
- Cover coughs and sneezes with elbows
- Refrain from touching one’s face
(4) Groups will be limited to 25 volunteers or less, which will be asked to exercise social distancing of 12 feet where possible, but not less than 6 feet. Limits on group size per volunteer activity and location will also be applied.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy considers applicants and volunteers without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual preference, disability, marital status or veteran status.