Community Flower Gardens
COVID-19 Safety Protections for Volunteers
WPC will begin planting community flower gardens with volunteers beginning May 15, 2020. And volunteer activities to help manage and maintain WPC-owned properties will resume in June. To keep volunteers safe, we've developed the following safety requirements in keeping with advisories issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and in accordance with the COVID-19 guidance orders issued by PA Governor Tom Wolf and augmented by the PA Department of Health.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth, which must be worn at all times when at garden planting sites
- Gloves (will be provided by WPC, if necessary)
- Hand sanitizer for frequent use when gloves are off and when touching hard surfaces
- Cover coughs and sneezes with elbows
- Refrain from touching one’s face
(4) Groups will be limited to 15 volunteers or less, which will be asked to exercise social distancing of 12 feet where possible, but not less than 6 feet. Limits on group size per volunteer activity and location will also be applied.
(3) Gardening tools for personal use (e.g.: hand trowels, shovels, rakes, pitchforks, etc.) This is not applicable to land stewardship volunteers.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy considers applicants and volunteers without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual preference, disability, marital status or veteran status.