Dr. William C. Conrad Stackpole Hall Foundation Summer Jobs Program – Watershed Internship (2 Positions)
Interns will assist with implementing a variety of watershed restoration projects and aquatic surveys, in close coordination with Watershed Conservation staff.
- Water quality monitoring & assessment
- Watershed restoration and stream habitat enhancement
- Agricultural best management practices
- Volunteer training
- Project design, planning, and implementation
- Biological survey work focusing on macroinvertebrates, various fish species, hellbender salamanders, and/or freshwater mussels
- Progress toward the completion of a degree or enrolled for the upcoming Fall 2022 semester in a major of biology, watershed science, stream ecology, environmental studies or a related field
- Be a current Elk County, PA resident Must meet PHEAA financial eligibility requirements
- Be currently enrolled at least half-time (six credits) in a PHEAA-approved higher education institution in a program of study at least two years in length; High School Seniors are eligible if they will meet this requirement in the upcoming Fall 2022 Semester.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Able to travel to various worksites and willing to work some evenings, weekends, and overnight trips as needed
- The ability to conduct field research in remote locations as part of a team is essential for this position
Job requires the ability to traverse rugged terrain while carrying at least 50 pounds of equipment in a variety of weather conditions and assist with strenuous physical duties, including heavy lifting and using hand/power tools to complete construction activities. Must have the ability to swim.
This position's primary location is Allegheny Regional Office
Masks are optional within all WPC/Fallingwater locations. We are encouraging vaccinations and will be implementing weekly testing effective March 5, 2022 for those not vaccinated.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.