Fawcett Digital Multimedia Internship
Fallingwater, the architectural masterwork designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, is seeking a digital multimedia intern for summer 2023. This is a unique opportunity to work at and help promote and share the importance of Fallingwater, a renowned architectural site on the UNESCO World Heritage List. This internship will enhance your skills and build experience in the fields of social media, digital communications, photography, videography and public relations. The intern will work in collaboration with the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy’s communications department on various projects to help promote Fallingwater.
- Social Media Posts and Planning: Support Fallingwater’s social media platforms by writing content, taking photos, shooting video and/or repurposing existing content to be used on Facebook and Instagram. Assist with social media content and analytics for Fallingwater that keeps audiences informed and interested to help attract and engage new and current fans and followers.
- Website Content Development: Support Fallingwater’s website presence through various projects that may include, taking photos, reviewing archival photos, recording video and audio, and developing graphic elements for the website. May also help upload, edit and optimize website content in WordPress.
- Student with progress toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in digital communications, multimedia communications, media arts, social media, design, communications or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently.
- Proficiency in one or more of the areas of social media, website content management systems, videography and video editing, photography, and photo editing is required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications and the use of a DSLR camera are required.
- The intern will also perform other multimedia duties as assigned, such as photographing special events or preservation work at Fallingwater.
This position's primary location is Fallingwater
Fallingwater is located in rural Mill Run, Pennsylvania (zip code 15464), and is approximately ninety minutes by car from the Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT). Having a motor vehicle is strongly recommended as there are no stores or amenities within walking distance.
Ten weeks from June 5 to August 11, 2023. The intern will be expected to work during normal business hours (typically 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), 40 hours per week. Occasional work outside of regular hours could be required for urgent or special projects. June 19 and July 4 are unpaid holidays.
- Coed, shared housing is provided at no charge
- Interns are required to provide their own food, linens, laundry supplies and toiletries
- Having a motor vehicle is strongly recommended as there are no stores or amenities within walking distance
- Ride sharing services, such as Uber and Lyft, are currently not available in the area surrounding Fallingwater
To apply, email cover letter, resume, two letters of reference, two social media examples and one writing example, or a link to an online portfolio, to email@example.com and list Multimedia Intern in the subject line.
Application DeadlineApril 7, 2023
All WPC/Fallingwater locations are mask friendly, but not required. We are encouraging vaccinations. All employees are required to follow the WPC Covid policy in effect, which is subject to change based on CDC recommendations.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.