Careers at the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy are rewarding in more ways than one. While working at the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy, including at Fallingwater, you’ll experience an unusually deep sense of accomplishment, pride and camaraderie with other like-minded professionals.
Current Job Openings
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy has an opening for a part-time position, at Fallingwater, as a Membership Team Representative. The Membership Representative's responsibilities include giving brief presentations to visitors at the conclusion of their tour of Fallingwater and invites them to become members and supporters of Fallingwater/Western Pennsylvania Conservancy. The ideal candidate must be comfortable speaking in front of groups. We offer a professional and friendly working atmosphere in a beautiful location and the chance to meet interesting people from around the world. This position offers a competitive hourly rate, employee discounts, and free admissions to Fallingwater. Successful applicants must be flexible with scheduling and available to work weekends and holidays as needed. To apply, send a letter and resume to email@example.com and list Membership in the subject line.
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is seeking an experienced professional to provide support for the land conservation and stewardship division. The Conservation Administrator position is based in Pittsburgh, PA and reports to the vice president of land conservation. The successful candidate will be a highly productive individual who can work well collaboratively as well as independently. Must have high level of administrative and clerical skills; strong organizational, time management and communication skills and be very comfortable with monitoring and analyzing expenses and budgets. Advanced proficiency with MS Office software required, particularly with Excel; experience with SharePoint, Salesforce and Intacct would be a plus.
This is a full time position offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Send a letter and resume no later than April 12, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org and list Conservation Administrator in the subject line of the email.
Educators (Tour Guides)
Fallingwater, the architectural masterwork designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, located in the heart of the Laurel Highlands, is in search of part time Educators (Tour Guides). Come join a dynamic and collaborative team of museum educators that greet visitors from around the world. This is a great opportunity to work at a world-renowned architectural site, build your presentation and interpretation skills and enhance your resume. Whether you are a retired professional or just beginning your career, Fallingwater can change you and your vocational path.
Educators (Tour Guides) engage visitors on one hour non-scripted general architecture tours of Fallingwater. Educators may also have opportunities to lead educational workshops and give presentations. Educators must be able to retain architectural and historical facts, dates and anecdotes, and then customize that information according to the interests of the visitors. Tours should be conversational as the guide facilitates the visitor’s self-discovery of architecture in harmony with nature. Educators must be comfortable speaking in front of groups and will engage with visitors ages six and older from diverse cultures, languages and geographic areas. Must be articulate, positive, outgoing, dependable, and flexible and have a professional demeanor.
To apply, email letter of interest and/or resume to email@example.com and list Educators in the subject line of the email.
Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Western Pennsylvania Conservancy, a nonprofit conservation organization, with an operating budget of almost $23 million, is seeking an accomplished, senior-level professional for the position of Vice President, Chief Financial Officer. This position is a key member of WPC’s leadership team and reports directly to WPC’s president and chief executive officer. This position will be based at WPC’s headquarters located at 800 Waterfront Drive, Pittsburgh, PA but will occasionally travel to Fallingwater, located in Mill Run, PA as needed.
The Vice President, Chief Financial Officer is responsible for overseeing the institutional functions of General Accounting and Management Accounting, Budgeting, Planning, Investment Management, Grants/Contracts & Procurement, Insurance & Risk Management, Information Technology/Computer Services and Human Resources.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience, education and competencies:
- 15+ years experience in a senior level accounting, financial, business management and/or administrative position, with significant non-profit financial management experience.
- Masters degree in Business Administration or Finance, with Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification or equivalent required.
- Confirmed broad business competency and mastery of management-level skills required to build quality business practices and add value to the organization by providing decision support, planning and control over operations.
- Proven and comprehensive experience in internal auditing, finance and budgeting, operations and compliance; managing complex insurance and risk management programs; financial and benefit plan audits; management of federal, state and local government grants; Single Audits; and successful oversight of investment portfolio management experience is essential.
- Experience with not-for-profit accounting software and integration with organization-wide systems.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially and effectively with supervisor, colleagues, staff, and Board of Directors.
- Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills; employee development and performance management skills.
- Familiarity with information technology infrastructure strongly preferred. (WPC’s networking and computer systems have over 200 users at multiple locations)
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements of ERISA retirement plans.
- Experience in conservation practice and standards and with house museum operations and practices strongly preferred.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and list VP/CFO in the subject line of the email.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy considers applicants and volunteers without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual preference, disability, marital status or veteran status. Read the WPC Equal Opportunity Employer Statement.