Café Assistant – Full Time
Fallingwater, a property entrusted to the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy and designated as a National Historic Landmark and inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, is seeking a Café Assistant to provide excellent customer service by waiting on customers, help in the preparation and presentation of food and maintain a clean and stocked facility.
- Ensures proper set up of the Café.
- Sets up pastry display.
- Preps, cooks and plates items for Café service to specification; will sometimes assist in other culinary functions as needed.
- Waits on customers and runs register; handles cash.
- Assists in maintaining inventory and monitoring shortages.
- Assists the Sous Chef or Executive Chef as needed.
- Supports the Conservancy’s cost containment and fundraising efforts and needs, as applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for up to eight hours.
- Must be able to bend, move and lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work with dangerous equipment, including knives, slicers and ovens.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Work in a hot environment, sometimes with or near open flame.
- Experience with food preparation, cooking service and preparation.
- Good customer service and organizational skills.
- Some experience handling cash preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays and be flexible with schedule and hours.
This position's primary location(s): Fallingwater (Mill Run, PA)
This is a full-time hourly, seasonal position with benefits.
Pay range: $15.77 – $17.60 per hour
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and list Café Assistant – Full-Time in the subject line.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.