WPC’s Emerging Leaders Advisory Committee
WPC's Emerging Leaders Advisory Committee
Western Pennsylvania’s Emerging Leaders Advisory Committee will work with the Conservancy to promote the mission and values of the organization while fostering the next generation of conservation leaders.
The Emerging Leaders Sponsor a Garden
This year, the Leaders are adopting one of our 132 gardens, located at 2801 North Charles Street in Pittsburgh’s Northside neighborhood. The committee is supporting the garden financially and will also be planting the garden in the spring and winterizing it in the fall. They are excited to be part of the more than 7,200 volunteers who assist in planting and maintaining these gardens each year.
Why become an Emerging Leader?
- Give back to the community by supporting WPC’s important work;
- Network with other like-minded young leaders and WPC’s board of directors; and
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the nonprofit sector.
The Emerging Leaders will:
- Be in their 20s, 30s and 40s;
- Learn about our work and have an impact through volunteerism;
- Be an advocate for WPC’s mission by sharing our story;
- Leverage personal and professional networks to support the Emerging Leaders’ efforts;
- Attend quarterly meetings; and
- Make a personally meaningful annual contribution.