Visitor Services Representatives – Part Time – (2 Positions)
Fallingwater, a National Historic Landmark and UNESCO World Heritage site owned by The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (WPC), is seeking highly motivated and engaged individuals to serve as Part-time Visitor Services Representatives who will be responsible for taking and updating reservations and visitor information, greeting visitors, selling admission tickets, staffing the information desk and working with internet ticket sales. They will also assist with Fallingwater special events, as needed. These positions will report directly to the director of visitor services.
As an iconic museum destination with an international audience, Fallingwater offers its visitors an unparalleled experience and upholds the highest industry standards in customer service and hospitality.
- Trains and works at all areas within the visitor services department including, admissions booth, reservation office, information desk, group sales and shuttle driver when needed.
- Communicates with individuals who are interested in Fallingwater.
- Completes visitor requests for information and mails brochures as requested.
- Answers questions from visitors in person, on the telephone and via email, and directs visitors to proper areas.
- Compiles end of day paperwork on a daily basis, including cash and credit card receipts.
- Follows cash handling procedures in the admissions booth, information desk and reservations office as established by the visitors services manager, operations supervisor and finance department.
- Tallies daily attendance numbers and assists in managing visitor flow through the control of daily reservations and visitors entering the property.
- Maintains ongoing communication with on-site staff and work stations to ensure a smooth visitor services process by notifying all appropriate areas, including admission booth, information desk, museum shop, café, and floor supervisor of reservation totals and special situations.
- Maintains the visitor services database.
- Entering new reservations and update existing information received by telephone, mail, email in the reservation office.
- Compile daily summary report, generate and send email confirmations.
- Sell tour tickets and process payments. through reservations office, at admissions booth or information desk.
- Compile daily internet sales and/or gift card redemptions and activations reports.
- Completes group reservations, lodging partner reservations, and maintain lodging partner account statements (as assigned).
- Assists with reservations, information and admissions concerning special events held at Fallingwater and the Barn at Fallingwater, as requested.
- Provides other support to Special Events as needed including scheduling, set-up and clean-up.
- Supports the Conservancy’s cost containment and fundraising efforts and needs, as applicable.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Utilizing keyboarding and fine motor skills.
- Bending, twisting, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Sitting for periods in excess of two hours and working at a computer.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills, professional telephone etiquette and a strong customer service orientation
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well independently and with others. Must present a positive and friendly image to visitors
- Must be detail-oriented and have a working knowledge of office procedures
- A working knowledge of word processing and data base software is required
- Must maintain a good knowledge of Fallingwater and environs and WPC
- Ability to work weekends and holidays and flexibility with hours and schedule is required
- Previous experience in handling cash; accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure
This position's primary location(s): Fallingwater (Mill Run, PA)
This is a seasonal, part-time opportunity without benefits.
Pay range: $16.15 – $21.73 per hour
To apply, please send a letter and resume to email@example.com and list Part-Time VSR in the subject line.
All WPC/Fallingwater locations are mask friendly, but not required. We are encouraging vaccinations. All employees are required to follow the WPC Covid policy in effect, which is subject to change based on CDC recommendations.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.