Educator – Part Time – (3 Positions)
Fallingwater, a property entrusted to the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy and designated as a National Historic Landmark and inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, is seeking a part-time Educator to lead interpretive tours and educational programs for Fallingwater.
As an iconic museum destination with an international audience, Fallingwater offers its visitors an unparalleled experience and upholds the highest industry standards in customer service and hospitality.
- Interprets Fallingwater and aspects of grounds through participatory and conversational tours and educational programming
- Continually refines educational methodology according to identified programmatic objectives and based on departmental training, best practices in museum education, literature and information provided
- Lead on-site programs, workshops or give educational presentations, as needed
- Assists in monitoring the architecture and collections to protect from damage and theft; reports incidents to appropriate staff
- Attends in-service training sessions and completes enrichment assignments.
- Supports the Conservancy’s mission, cost containment, fundraising efforts and needs, as applicable.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Conveys a positive, collaborative, can-do attitude.
- May be asked to give In-depth Tours and/or other specialized tours
- May be asked to give Family Tours as scheduled
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For programs that include walking (tours):
- Ability to walk up between one to three miles outdoors, per shift, on gravel paths and uneven terrain. During all weather types
- Ability to climb full flights of indoor and outdoor steps
- Ability to follow all safety procedures and protocol related to COVID-19
For stationary programs:
- Ability to stand (or sit, if needed) for prolonged periods
- Ability to work outside in all weather types
- Ability to lift 10 pounds
- Experience as a museum educator, leading participatory museum experiences and/or discovery-based educational activities in an informal setting
- Thorough knowledge of Fallingwater, Frank Lloyd Wright and WPC and/or ability to gain and retain content knowledge
- Ability to design tours and adjust as new information becomes available
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Welcoming, inclusive attitude
- Good listening skills
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Flexibility with schedule and hours
- Proficiency at computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, basic email)
This position's primary location(s): Fallingwater (Mill Run, PA)
This is a regular/seasonal part-time position.
$16.15 – $18.03 per hour
To apply, please send a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and list Part-Time Educator in the subject line.
All WPC/Fallingwater locations are mask friendly, but not required. We are encouraging vaccinations. All employees are required to follow the WPC Covid policy in effect, which is subject to change based on CDC recommendations.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is fully committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our team. Read our equal opportunity employer statement.